First the thunder, then the storm...

Not entirely sane, but thanks for asking.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hey look, a crack post!

Damn, I’m so sleepy. You wouldn’t believe just how sleepy I am. It’s like at any moment, of any day, underlying everything I feel, everything I want…. food, more time to study before my test, the damn bus to get here already so I can get to the next class on time…….is this desperate need to sleep. And chocolate. That doesn’t change. And sometimes ice-cream. And lollipops. And sometimes there’s this urge to bite someone.


Ahem.


Anyway, this post is just to declare my undying love for my pillow. Yes, that’s right. My pillow. Its sooooo nice and soft and smells soooooooooooooo good. And it’s just the right amount of fluffy…… you know, fluffy so your head sinks in but firm enough to actually provide some support. And my blankie!!!!!! Soooooooo soft and red and fuzzy and warm and my bed-sheet with the horses on it and the one with the puppies and the kittens and guh. I wanna sleeeeeeeeep.
This is insane. I’m usually a raving insomniac. During the summer vacation, the rest of the world is asleep ( well, the part of it in this time zone anyway) and I’m awake till 3-freakin-30 in the morning wondering what the f*** I’m going to have to do before I finally get to sleep. I try everything, crunches, push-ups, heck knows what else right before going to bed but I still cant get the sandman to give me the time of day…er night. It’s like I need to be occupied all day or I’m just not tired enough to go to sleep. And my biggest fear as a child was that I’d wake up in the middle of the night and have nothing to do. I swear, I used to sleep with a rubber band under my pillow so I’d have something to play with when I woke up. Course, that’s all changed now. I usually love being awake when everyone’s asleep. But that’s when I’m well rested and not till it’s a reasonable time to actually wake up. I mean, there’s only so much music you can listen to before you’re bloody fed up.
And it’s at times like those that I wish I was busier.
…………… I never did have much sense.

Nowadays, my bloody alarm goes off at 5.30am. I’m finally awake and functioning at around 6.15 and its off to college at around 7.15. After a rousing round of lectures and tutorials about electronics, maths, programming, algorithms and everything related to information technology – if I’m lucky enough not to have practicals- its off to another college for my diploma course in graphics and animation , which , alright, I can admit, is a whole lot of fun but it can get reaaaaaaaally tiring. And then, if I have any energy at all and if I don’t have a tutorial or assignments due the next day, I’ll go to the gym. Why? Because I love going to the gym. Read the post on leilani’s blog, its all there. How sad is it that the highlight of my day is the traveling I do to and fro from colleges? No, seriously, I can’t read in the bus coz I’ll feel sick, so it’s just sit there and look out the window. Nothing I can do in the meantime, no projects or homework… nothing. Why on earth do you think I walk whenever I can? It’s like a bloody rest.
But why did you need to know all this? ……… well, I don’t know. But its my blog and I’ll ramble if I want to.( sung to the tune of *its my party and I’ll cry if I want to*)
Sorry, that’s just my inner brat reaching out.

The point is, and yes, ladies and gents, this post does have a point, my pillow is the only one who reaaaaally loves me. Sniff. You just don’t understand my snugglebun. No one does!
*snigger*
You know how you take people to meet your parents? Well, I’d have them meet my pillow……..( and Bob, my imaginary friend with the silky black hair that reaches his shoulders, grey eyes and the black leather jacket he always wears, except when he *ahem* doesn’t. )………. Alright, I just realized what meeting my pillow sounds like and I just want to say, people, get out of the gutter……….. I was here first.
I realize I sound completely insane but in my defense, I’ve had waaaaaaaay too much chocolate and ice-cream and I’m really high right now. I swear, Virtual cham, I can picture you rolling your eyes and going again but hey look on the bright side, at least this time I didn’t call you and you didn’t have to visit quote that better place endquote that you retreat to every time you talk to me. Have I mentioned that you’re mean?
So are you lei. Despite the declarations of love. And pan, don’t get me started on you. Sniff, and here I thought you people loved me. Devil in the moonlight- you don’t get a single lollipop till I get my candy canes and that new pratchett. ( didn’t I just tell you lot to get out of the gutter?)
I’m gonna go now…. To a better place… Pillow Puff-a-lot beckons.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U cant b sleepy when u wrote this coz u wrote such a long entry.If I was sleepy I wud be in Dreamland (actually I get very few dreams I actually know how many dreams I had till now.17)So its more like a black screen and then bright light mostly wid some shouting or screaming.
U have d urge 2 bite some1??Shit I have dat urge but dats only 2 drink and eat(blood and flesh resp.)
U??insomniac??well maybe but have u stayed awake 4 4 days and then slept thru a day wid out getting up(I mean 4 lunch and dinner also.Yeah lost a whole day due to sleep slept at 5 in d morning got up at 7 d next morning.)
So now u even have an inner brat I thot 1 was enough but not quite.
Snugglebun???Forget it I dont even want 2 know.Sad just sad.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Panacea said...

umm..Eris, sweetie, what have I told you about posting after smoking dope?

11:07 AM  
Blogger The Poodle's Friend said...

I know how you feel. I'm always randomly tired for no reason at all. Pan should know. And it's like, unless you don't do something completely exhausting during the day, you're stuck in bed twirling your thumbs. It's annoying. Now, if Bob were real, there would definitely be something to do instead of thumb-twirling...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

dintheml- i WAS sleepy when i wrote that. you're not the only one who can function under less than full mental capacity ( except of course, i dont do it all the time). you can remember how many dreams you've had? dude, you're weird. and the biting? im pretty sure we mean it in VERY different ways and the universe does not need to know about your tendency towards canabalism.
you know i'm gonna kill you in class today right?
you actually slept through dinner?? YOU missed a meal?
are you calling me a brat? is there a problem with snugglebun?
are you actually tired of life???

having said all that...... I LOVE YOU!!!! you're the bestest fwend i ever had! you know you're never getting the book back right? i mean, c'mon- it smells sooooo good. its not as good as small gods but its getting there.

pan- uuum go for it coz thats what shakespeare always did?

tpf- man, i wish bob was real. heck, id be happy if the jacket were real.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I missed 2 meals lunch and dinner.Actaully more than 2 may be 4 or 5??I am not calling u a brat I know u r a brat.
And abt d book mine isnt an autographed copy,but urs is.
And read d hi5 profile I sent u.forget d profile read d comment.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

knowing you , it was probably a dozen meals.
are you threatning by book???
you know i got no problem killing you, right?
i can't read the comment dabba. she's not a part of my network and there's no way in hell i'm inviting her to join in.
just tell me what it is.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Panacea said...

Actually all William Shakespeare ever did was shag the next living male or female around him and oh, he also wrote plays when he got some free time.

Colderidge was the one on crack all the time...and considering how he met his umm..end, you really should stay away from it.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

lol. well, both methods seem to have worked. colderidge was an opium addict actually.
know what the funny thing is? i actually know how to make opium.lol.
hey, give me a break! my mum's from amritsar... poppies grow there like grass... EVERYONE there knows how its done.

not that i have made opium. just so we're clear. i just kinda know how.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Eris you are are one weird child. And you were giving ME flak about staying up all night?

I hope to God that 'Bob' has better dress sense than Legolas. Especially if you consider the leather jacket.

One more thing... cut down on sweet stuff before you sleep (hey, my parents are in the medical profession, you know). I'm only telling you this because I love you (very, very deep down)... though not as much as Snugglebun does.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

hey! at least my staying awake was not by choice!!!!!
wait, are you insulting bob or legolas...... nevermind... DIE!!!!!

and just so you know, i dont eat sweets before going to bed. i just have some coffee sometimes...... ahem.... with chocolate. gee, i wonder why i cant sleep.....

of course you love me. i mean, seriously, how could you not?

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey no matter what people say... I found ur post rather interesting... If only it made sense
After a tired days work (sittin at home is equivalent you see) posts like these are the only signs of relief..
Oh my god... I just sound like you bored and without a life...i should stop right now before it gets to me

9:59 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

uuuum anon?
are you one of the people i bribed and/or threatened to comment?
coz if you're not......... sqeeeeeeeeee..... someone actually said they liked my post and not because i said i'd kick them in the goolies if they didnt.
hey!!!!!!! what's this about me not having a life?? i do so have a life!!!
.........
actually. you're right, i don't. now i'm sad.

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well finally Eris,welcome 2 d club.Dont worry its better than having a life all u do is wat ever u like and dont care abt ne1.Sounds familiar too me.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

This is a first. I don't think I have ever read a blog about the love of a pillow.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

devil, i tooooold you I HAVE A LIFE!!!!!!

hey madie. yup, i like to think i'm different. just so we're clear though, just that one post is about the pillow, not the whole blog. for what its worth... its a reaaaaaaaaally good pillow. sorry, had too much chocolate again.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey whats all this fuss abt... Pillow is one of the finest creations made by man. I like mine fluffy and soft... It relieves me of all tension and eris's talks.. I guess there's no harm writin abt it... Im with u gal

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home