First the thunder, then the storm...

Not entirely sane, but thanks for asking.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Family Speaks

I promised Eris a birthday post as 'penance' because I forgot to write to her on her actual birthday. True, this is about 5 days too late. Tough.

Anywho, I thought I'd write up a list of some of the stuff that people in my family come up with. Enjoy.

1.
"Why on earth do you leave your testicles spread all over the place?" My sister, Kiki, who actually meant to say 'tentacles'.

2.
"I can't do this anymore!! My brain is paining!!!" My cousin, P.B., trying to dodge maths homework.

3.
"This is my cousin Kiki... I love her very much... We are going to get married." P.B. introducing Kiki to Zuzbaab, the village elder, when he was about 7. Kiki refused to speak to him for three days.

4.
"Lei will make such a pretty bride; I just can't wait for the wedding." Aunty Mags-from-Moira when I was about 14.

5.
"Ooooh! Look! This'd be the perfect excuse to kiss pretty girls!" My Uncle C., while checking out some contraption used to check one's eyesight. The guy has a PhD in Genetic Engineering, knows all the computer languages in existence, and is now doing a PhD in History, because he's bored.

6.
"How come I don't get any plicks and bungoots?" Kiki, at the age of 3, after Mum bought me some hairclips and my first pair of gumboots.

7.
"NOOOOOO!!!! Don't take the dead lightbulbs next to the live ones! The live ones will die too!" Cousin P3, during his 'lightbulb phase', at the age of 5. He even tried to take an old tubelight to bed with him (cue the collective 'awwww').

8.
"NAUGHTY DADA!! SHUSHHHHH!! BE QUIET!!!" Yours truly, during my very first midnight Easter mass.

9.
"Hey! There's a fairer one!" Uncle C., while taking a picture of a pink pig, as opposed to a black one.

10.
"Buy her a sausage. She'll forget all about the pig." Uncle C., when cousin P2 took offence at a pig being chased.

Well, there you go, Eris. You can't say I'm being lazy anymore. Not just yet anyway. Read and comment people, read and comment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Eris said...

buy her a suasage??????????/
lol
hilarious.
um the tubelight to bed? nevermind. i'm just not going to say it.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Eris, sometimes you scare me. I'm glad you didn't say what you were thinking.

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading that I am thankful that I talk less wid my family and know very little abt them.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh..and Eris is ur mind ony on dat track coz I thot only guys thot abt it dat often but oh... ah ok ..so .. U ...Nothing I never thot of nething just now.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Eris said...

guano.... go soak your head.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

*snorts with laughter* Eris, I'd have to agree with Guano about the one-track mind bit. Nearly all the innuendo that I know now, I've learnt from you.

Guano, I can't really avoid all of that, seeing as how two of those quotes were made by my sister, and one by me.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Eris said...

uuuuum lei? *snigger*
i'm really sorry about little booty. ahem. don't worry... i've had a little chat with her.

.....
..hahahahahahahah. ohmygosh! i can't bel.ieve....

12:17 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Lil booty: I'm flattered... not to mention slightly apprehensive.

Anywho, thanks for the comment.

Eris... this is all your fault.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so wish i had some memories of ma family joke......ok m jus being sad but most of thm r reak funny lie....gud u forced me to read thm hehehe!!!!!!!!!!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home